Jun 6, 2017

G is for Gato - Cat Art by Cats of Karavella

Cat Art titled G is for Gato by Dora Hathazi Mendes, from the Cats of Karavella Collection.


G is for Gato is one my favourite cat painting, not only because I had a black cat, but also because back in end of 2016,  I was invited my cat art to be featured in the Women In Art278 Magazine January Issue . For my pride, from the submitted cat paintings, this is the one which was chosen by the editors, to get a full page of exposure.
As you already know, I had a black cat, and we used to joke, that I literally had a shadow. A very loyal shadow, which except when she was sleeping, she was always near me, on me, and around me playing with strings, on hunting for imaginary prays.
When black cat owners find photographs, or paintings about black cats, how often is mentioned or thought, the cat on the image looks exactly like their pets. On my painting, I just used a very simple outline, a typical cat pose, so the viewer can really say, awww look, that is my cat.


Black cat art titled G is for Gato by Dora Hathazi Mendes Cats of Karavella Collection
G is for Gato - Black Cat Art by Dora Hathazi Mendes

A black cat position himself on a column as a hunting silhouette in the night. Static and silent on a way only a feline can be. The dark blue, as night supply the necessary scenery that keeps all the mystery. The cat is tensed, is focusing right now, ready to jump to the pray, if we could see it from front, this is the moment when their pupil got incredibly large. I captured in my painting this very moment of the animal, and created a decorative element for you.
The letter G from the alphabet represents the Portuguese name for cat, gato or gata for feminine. The floral motif inspired by one of my favourite art movement, the Art Deco, also the painted frame which want to imitate the effect of stained glass which was very typical from that era.
This original painting is the one I keep close to me, it is in my study, so whenever I look at it, I remember my late pet. That is why for instance as a print, or a nice gift, it is an excellent memoir to remember our beloved ones, or offer as a present to somebody who lost one black feline.
The G is for Gato black cat painting is the part of my Cat Inspired Artwork Collection called Cats of Karavella. Ideal home decor and gifts for Cat lovers.

Some example from the G is for Gato Cat Designs by Cats of Karavella
Some example from the G is for Gato Cat Designs by Cats of Karavella

The elegant cat painting is the part of my Cat Inspired Artwork Collection. G is for Gato Black Cat Art available from the Official Website of Dora Hathazi Mendes as high quality wide variety of prints ( canvas, acrylic, framed, wood etc ) and related products with Worldwide Shipping.

For customizable products,  such as items featuring funny cat quotes, or “add your name” unique products related to the G is for Gato cat painting and to my other cat art, visit the International Store Links of Cats of Karavella to find your own Country Store which offers also Worldwide Shipping.

Thank You for your interest in my Artwork, and thank you for supporting me by sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment